Wednesday, April 14, 2010

So Let Me Introduce Myself

I started thinking about my blog and what I should talk about. I thought it would be good just to introduce myself to those who don't know me. Ok here we go!

My name is Michelle Carter. I throw the Shot put. Shot put? Whats that? Glad you asked! Its a medal ball that you throw as far as you can. I Glide not spin!

Yes, My dad is Micheal Carter-Is that the guy who threw the shot really really far?- Why yes, as a matter of fact it is. He threw it 81 ft. 3in. Its been the National High School Record since 1979! (yea, my Dad is getting old). He also played Professional football for 9 years with San Francisco 49ers. He went SMU and graduated in 1984. He got a silver medal in the 1984 Olympics!

I started throwing in the 7th grade at Red Oak Jr high and went on to Red Oak High School graduated in 2003.I also, like my father, hold the national High School Record 54ft. 10.7in. I've won State in shot and discus all four years.

I attended the University of TEXAS! Go Longhorns! All day everyday! (clearing my throat) The REAL UT! (Get it right) Won 1 NCAA title in 2006. We the Lovely Lady Longhorns won NCAA Championship in 2005 and an Indoor NCAA title in 2006!

I graduated from the University of Texas in 2007 with a degree in Applied Learning and Development with a minor in Kinesiology.

I have a younger sister and brother. D'Andra (Dee Dee) Carter and Michael (Big Mike) Carter Jr. My mom name is Sandra Carter.

I was on the 2008 Olympic team (15th) and the 2009 World Championship team (6th) . I am ranked #7 in the world. Two time USA National Champion.

A few Personal things

-I am a Christian. I believe that JESUS died for my sins and rose on the third day! With out Him I would not be able to do what I do! He has bless me so much that all I can do is pass it on.
-I love to sing
-I love make up!
-I enjoy R&B and Neo Soul
-I love to Babysit! I love kids!
-I love Ice cream

That's all I can think of right now! Writing this blog has made me sleepy! Lol!
Please feel free to comment and ask questions!

No comments: